DVP cares about your privacy and wants to be fully transparent about the way in which your personal data are collected and used. DVP is committed to ensuring compliance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations at all times.
When DVP collects and uses your personal data it acts as a data controller. DVP is a private company established under the laws of Belgium, registered under the number 0463.832.818 and with its registered office at rue Jules Besme 126, 1081 Brussels, Belgium.
Information we collect
We may collect and process your personal data when you contact us for legal advice or other types of services. DVP collects personal data that may include:
- Job title
- Contact details
- Telephone number
- Email address
- VAT number
- Information on event attendance, including event photographs
- Job applicants’ documents
- Any documentation required under the regulations concerning anti-money laundering (e.g. copy of your ID-card).
Please rest assured that we limit our request to personal data that are necessary to provide you with the products or services you have expressed interest in.
You can visit our website without providing any personal data. However, if you do not provide information requested by us, we may not be able to provide services to you or the website may not function properly.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data to:
- Provide you with the requested legal advice
- Process your requests for information
- Provide you with any other services you request
- Provide you access to online tools developed by us
- Occasionally send you our newsletter or any information on upcoming seminars and events
- Comply with legal requirements or other mandatory obligations
- Improve our services and manage our website’s content
- Analyze website traffic
- Process your job application.
Consequently, we only process your personal data either (i) to execute the service agreement concluded between you and DVP, (ii) to comply with our legal obligations or (iii) when we feel we have a legitimate interest to do so that does not harm your right to privacy protection (e.g. sending of newsletters).
We will not retain your personal data for a period exceeding what is necessary to fulfill the purposes set out above. Except for anti-money laundering purposes, the retention period will not exceed five years after the last use of your personal data, with the exception of job applicants’ documents which will not be kept longer than two years after the application close date.
With whom we share your personal data
DVP may share your personal data with third parties providing services on our behalf. This includes amongst others service providers for event organization and website management.
These third parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent required to perform their services. We make every effort to ensure these third parties respect our privacy standards at all times, as well as data protection laws and regulations.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties, including law enforcement bodies, where we are requested by law to provide information, i.e. for anti-money laundering purposes.
DVP does not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not managed by DVP. DVP cannot be held responsible for any privacy measures or content on these websites.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data
- Rectify your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data (e.g. for marketing purposes)
- Withdraw your consent at all times (e.g. unsubscription to our newsletter).
All requests, complaints or queries may be addressed to DVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider any requests, complaints or queries and provide you with a reply in a timely manner. You can also file a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority should you not be satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal data.
How we protect your personal data
DVP is fully committed to safeguard your personal data by taking adequate organizational and technical measures against unauthorized access, unlawful destruction or accidental loss of your personal data.